We’ve got lots of events coming up that we want to share with you. So fasten your seatbelts, here we go!
- Book Drive. For the second year in a row we are partnering with Bridge of Books to collect new and gently used children’s books. Our book drive started at the beginning of October and is going until the end of the month. Please come on by and drop off any donations in our lobby. Last year we were able to deliver over 400 books thanks to your generosity and we hope to do the same this year!
- Pumpkin Carving at Field Station: Dinosaurs in Secaucus. This Saturday and Sunday (October 25 and 26), we are bringing one of our favorite activities – pumpkin carving – to a super fun place: Field Station: Dinosaurs. Staff from The Messy Artist will be on hand in a special event to help visitors unleash their creativity at Field Station: Dinosaurs from 11am-3pm each day. The carving workshop is free with admission to Field Station: Dinosaurs.
You can bring you own pumpkin, or buy one there from Field Station: Dinosaurs.
And we have a special treat (no tricks!): 20% off your admission either day! Click this link to get the coupon to print out or show on your phone to get the discount: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/20–off-admission–Pumpkin-Carving-at-Field-Station–Dinosaurs-with-The-Messy-Artist-.html?soid=1116109131156&aid=wTDDkV8utIg
Join us for Messy Artist Fun with a Halloween Twist! We’ll decorate a trick-or-treat bag, play with slimy spaghetti, paint with fall colors – and more – at our Halloween Bashes on Halloween weekend. Great for siblings.
- Spook-tacular Halloween Bash!
- Friday October 31 and Saturday November 1, 2013
- 10 am – 12 noon
- 1.5 – 6 year olds with caregiver
- $35 per child/$30 per sibling
- (no costumes needed– we’re getting messy!)
- Mini camp for NJ Teacher Conference Days: Thursday Nov 6 and Friday November 7.
- Thursday 11/6 and Friday 11/7
- 9:30 – 11:30 am
- $40 per child/$35 per sibling or additional day
- (additional lunch add-on available for $10 (11:30 – 12:30)
- 3-5 years/1st-2nd grade
- drop off
- Registration required.
For our 3 – 5 year old mini-camp, we’ll start out with some exploratory station play. Children are free to roam from station to station whenever they wish. The sensory box, easels, play dough, and a messy activity will all be available for your child to sample throughout the first part of the day. We’ll break for a light snack and a story, and then continue on with a spectacular fine art project. Teachers will give a short lesson, and then guide the children in creating a work of art they’ll be proud to bring home.
For our 1st – 2nd grade mini camp, students will immerse themselves in a multi-step, teacher directed project. We’ll discuss an artist, an art concept, or explore a new medium, all while working hard to create a one-of-a-kind mini masterpiece. We’ll also pause midway to have a snack.
Kids in both age groups are welcome to sign up for an add-on lunch option either or both days.
We hope to see you at one of our Fall events!